<$BlogRSDUrl$>

segunda-feira, julho 12, 2004

El president 


"I learned a lot from the stories my uncle, my aunts, and grandparents told
me: that no one is perfect, but most people are good; that harsh judgements
can make hypocrites of us all; that a lot of life is just showing up and
hanging on; that laughter is often the best, and sometimes the only,
response to pain.

Perhaps most important, I learned that everyone has a story of dreams and
nightmares, hope and heartache, love and loss, courage and fear, sacrifice
and selfishness. All my life I've been interested in other people's stories.
I've wanted to know them, understand them, feel them.

When I grew up and got into politics, I always felt the main point of my
work was to give people a chance to have better stories."

Bill Clinton

0 comments

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?