<$BlogRSDUrl$>

segunda-feira, agosto 07, 2006

Amsterdam 

Amsterdam… what a magnificent city under a perfect summer day.
Full of young people, beautiful young people, walking and cycling and rowing all around ('Lebensraum' gains a different meaning over there; I can't even imagine how walking in Hong Kong might feel).

I was caught in a traffic jam of gay-parading boats: ours had to move to the right to ease the overtake by another, packed with wigged men dressed in white sheets (and very little else). I guess there are not many places where that can happen. And it seems to say welcome in a million colours. New York with a smile. But water instead of tarmac. And slim 3-story houses instead of sky scrappers. And relaxing bikers instead of angry cabs. Ok, ok, forget NY.

Go to the Jordaan, it would be a piece of heaven in any crazy world. Dream of what would be getting lost there on your way home. For that, buy one of those grand gabled houses built for the movers and shakers of the 17th-century Golden Age (I almost did, before I took a closer look at my wallet).

Wouldn't you then want to get a piano just to see it go up and in through your window? What giant promise of pearl happiness would such oyster moment hold?
"I am moving to this magical neighbourhood; I am even adding a piano to it. My beautiful model girlfriend will play it, joyfully singing the life that lies ahead".

Yeah, something like that. :)

0 comments

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?