<$BlogRSDUrl$>

sexta-feira, novembro 17, 2006

Meeting the president 

Just goes to prove how naive I still am :)

I was quite disappointed with the Q&A as our colleagues were mostly concerned with teleworking, personnel shortages and indemnities; I can understand that even we the privileged must be concerned with the general betterment of workers' life but, still, it was somewhat... misplaced.

As for the president, I have mixed feelings; most of the time, I could still hear the former prime-minister, using the same worn-down and slightly-less-than-believable speech of 'the great opportunities, not threats, coming from the East' and in general, a tone that seemed meant to address gullible people... but, at times, when he touched more concrete issues, of which he seemed to be more knowledgeable of, I could actually see a glimpse of drive and vision.

He once or twice proved to be quite at ease and even cracked a couple of jokes... so, who knows, there may be still hope for this grand old thing of Europe.

0 comments

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?