<$BlogRSDUrl$>

domingo, abril 01, 2007

Shortbus 

A trip to New York as a cardboard city.

The story of a sex therapist ('I prefer the term couples' counsellor') that has never had an orgasm.

New York as the city that had a major brownout in 2003.

Severin questions Sofia: 'why is it so important for you to have an orgasm? I mean, it feels good, but it's not going to save your life or anything'.
Yes, but Sofia wants to join the sisterhood of women.

New York as the place one goes to to be forgiven.

The sad James knows his boyfriend loves him: 'I know. I see it all around me. But it stops at my skin'.

New York, with a special bar, where one can hear 'it's just like the 60s. Only with less hope'. Or 'I used to want to save the world. Now, I just want to leave the room with some dignity'.

The ex-hustler and the artist-to-be join at the closet, during truth or dare. 'You suck', he says, and half means it. And goes on, 'Ei, me too'.

Shortbus is for those who can not fit in the bigger yellow bus. Apparently, they all fit in New York.

0 comments

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?